Translations Project Coordinator
At LanguageLoop, we’re connecting more and more people and businesses everyday as languages have become part of doing business in our global community.
In 180+ languages with a full suite of telephone, video, onsite interpreting and translation solutions, we’re helping more Australian businesses than ever,
as our population continues to expand and diversify.
The Translations Project Coordinator is part of a Translations team responsible for end-to-end management of translations projects. This is a hands-on
client facing role that will require you to multi-task across translations projects of varying sizes. As the main point of contact for their clients,
the ideal candidate must proactively use effective written and verbal communication to ensure that project teams understand the scope, complexity and
expectations, and that the clients are kept fully informed as to the progress, position and financial status of their projects.
As a LanguageLoop professional, you’ll have opportunities to grow your career with Australia’s leading language services provider, and with a wide range
of clients and industries including energy, health, medical, banking and telecommunications, among others.
- Manage the entire life-cycle of multiple multilingual translation projects in a very fast-paced environment according to the client portfolios assigned
- Liaise with client and internal teams to clarify project parameters
- Coordinate all project phases and efficiently predict the lifespan of all the stages of the project
- Negotiate deadlines and rates with clients and contractors within LanguageLoop guidelines
- Manage project finances, including budgeting
- Prepare and maintain project documentation
- Monitor and control projects status
- Perform quality checks at various stages of process to ensure quality and accuracy
- Comply with relevant LanguageLoop procedures
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with your clients and external language specialists
Key Selection Criteria:
- University Degree (preferably in linguistic/translation related studies)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Project coordination experience in a client facing role
- Responsive & proactive issue resolution with both internal and external teams
- Highly organised, efficient and detail orientated
- Effective team work skills and an ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask by prioritising workflow and demands
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Well-developed computer skills
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing work environment
- Knowledge of the Language Services industry
- Experience with translation management software or CAT tools
- Proficiency in more than 1 language
- Experience with desktop publishing and desktop publishing tools e.g. Adobe InDesign
This role is based in the heart of Melbourne's CBD.
Applications must include (1) a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria and (2) a detailed CV.
This is a direct placement position only. No recruiter submissions will be considered.
For further information please contact Eibhlin Fletcher on (03) 9280 1958